Safari not properly displaying page

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by naples98, Sep 5, 2013.

1. naples98 macrumors member

naples98

My mom has an iMac that is running 10.8.4 with the latest version of Safari. All of the webpages I tested seem to work fine but https://www.ameriprise.com does not display correctly. I've tested the site on my MacBook Pro and no issues. If she uses Chrome, the site displays fine.

I've tried resetting Safari but the webpage still does not display correctly. Any suggestions?

2. creativecag macrumors newbie

Does she have Javascript or CSS or anything like that disabled? See if she has the Develop menu item (between Bookmarks and Window) and if so, see if any of those options are checked. If not, go to Safari > Prefs > Advanced and check the Show Develop in menu bar and see if that's the case.

Also, a screenshot or explanation on what exactly isn't displaying right could significantly narrow down the problem.

3. naples98 thread starter macrumors member

naples98

Javascript is not disabled. The webpage loads very slowly and when it eventually loads, it is just jumbled text almost like CSS is not loading properly.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot tonight to post.

4. naples98 thread starter macrumors member

naples98

Here is a screenshot I took of the webpage that is not loading properly. It took a really long time for this page to load and when it finally did, this is what displayed.

Attached Files:

5. creativecag macrumors newbie

That's pretty strange. If you open up Develop > Show Error Console and see if it gives you any indication. I might also be inclined to report the bug to them so they can look in to it.

6. 2012Tony2012 macrumors 6502a

2012Tony2012

7. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

What's also strange is that on your picture it just says "ameriprise.com" in the url bar. As soon as I type in ameriprise.com into Safari, before the page even loads, I get this:

Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 5.37.47 PM.png

8. naples98 thread starter macrumors member

naples98

Yeah, I typed in https://www.ameriprise.com and it begins loading and then eventually get the green "secure" bar but it somehow changed to ameriprise.com