Safari not remembering me

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by tayaub, Nov 17, 2014.

1. tayaub macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

Recently upgraded to Yosemite, well actually I clean installed it as I had upgraded previously and decided to go for a fresh install.

I have been very very happy with it so far. I am running it on an old 2008 Macbook Pro, it runs wonderfully pretty much all of the features seem to work even on a machine as old as mine. So no complaints there.

The only problem I have is with Safari. It refuses to remember my login details, I don't know if this is me doing something wrong or a redesigned safari or something else.

To give a quick explanation previously when logging in to a site let's say youtube as an example. I would fill in my login details and click on the remember me checkbox. As long as I didn't clear my history and website data I would stay logged in for weeks.

This now does NOT seem to work anymore, I can ask Safari to remember my login details but it still means I have to login. Am I being stupid and missing something? It's really annoying not being able to get straight to my homepage on youtube. Or having to click on login to get into my Gmail.

Any solutions?

Thanks Guys.

2. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

My wife seems to be having a similar, but not exact, problem. When she goes to the gmail website about half the time it forces her to get the text code to 'authenticate' her machine. Cookies are enabled, but... Sigh.