Safari not rendering webpages correctly in iOS 10?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Clix Pix, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    On both my iPad Pro 12.9 and my iPad Pro 9.7, I have experienced something that has only occurred since I installed iOS 10: I can be browsing randomly or purposefully in Safari, and suddenly a webpage will not load correctly, will not render images and other graphics correctly. I have found that by shutting down and rebooting the device, the pages will then load correctly -- for a while.....but then once again something goes awry. I tried clearing cookies and data, thinking maybe that might be the problem, but no, the random failure to render pages correctly returned. When the software update to 10.0.2 I excitedly jumped to update my two iPads, thinking that this would include a fix -- and it did not.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Could there be something with your data connection that you are using (whether cellular/mobile or WiFi)? Or perhaps you are using a content blocker of some sort that might be affecting things?

3. Clix Pix thread starter macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I had a content blocker on both the iPads for a while prior to downloading and installing iOS 10, but once I noticed this problem promptly removed and deleted it altogether, as that was high on the index of suspicion as to what might be going on. However, I suppose it could have left remnants behind..... I really don't want to have to do a complete restore of each device, but if there are remnants left behind that process would clear them out. Connection has always been good, both WiFi and Cellular, so I don't think that is the issue.

4. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

Yes, I have seen this. Probably four or five times since upgrade, but I use Safari an awful lot. I too use a content blocker.

I haven't done anything about it because I'm pretty sure it's a bug, it doesn't occur regularly and I'm assuming it will get fixed eventually.

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Normal use no. I have seen it with any OS when the wifi or cell is weak. I have content blockers running too.