Safari "not responding" on new MacBook air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by JBerz, Dec 20, 2011.

1. JBerz macrumors newbie

I literally just turned on my new MacBook air today and when I go and open safari, it will not load and when I click on it I see only the beachball spinning. I have to click the desktop to get to finder and force quit the program. Does anyone know what I can do? I can't download anything unless I have Internet usage but I can't get on! Seriously! BRAND NEW and now I'm totally frustrated. Please help!

2. irock101 macrumors 6502

irock101

3. JBerz thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done everything from resetting the PRAM to Repairing Disk Utilities and nothing has worked. This is a literal new computer, first time turning on. I can't download another browser because I can't get on the internet and I don't know how to bring it back to original settings to maybe start over again.

4. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

If, as it sounds, you know what you are doing and there is a problem with your new machine just take it to your nearest apple shop. be polite, explain your problem and they will sort it.

5. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

Do you have access to another computer or a friend's computer. Download another browser and store it on a thumb drive, plug the thumb drive into your MBA and copy the file.

Or, click on the App Store icon. You can then download and install the Opera browser (free) or the Lightning Web Browser ($1.99). You can then use that browser to access the net and get anything else you want.