Safari Not Showing Images From Paypal.com

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trikky, Mar 3, 2013.

1. trikky macrumors regular

I am running Version 6.0.2 of Safari on an early 2011 MBP (17") loaded with OSX 10.7.5. No more updates are available through Software Update.

Whenever I go to Paypal.com in Safari, I get no images whatsoever. Going there on other browsers is fine...it's just Safari. And it's just Paypal. No other sites that I know of.

I've verified Javascript is allowed, I've turned on Java for the purposes of testing, I have no adblockers or anything other than Safari's standard pop-up blocker.

...and it's just PayPal.

I've done lots of searches through Google and various forums but the results I have found relate to image issues with multiple sites...not just one specific site.

Your input is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'd clear your browser cookies and cache again. Also, double-check to make sure your plug-ins are up to date, that extensions have been disabled, and that you have checked Safari > Preferences > Appearance > Display images when the page opens.

The problem exists somewhere in your user environment, as the PayPal site displays properly for millions using Safari.

3. nielsrasmus macrumors member

nielsrasmus

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not down. Here's how to check if a website is up or down. If the site was down, nothing would be displayed.

5. trikky thread starter macrumors regular

One of the first things I considered, but nope. Not temporarily down. As outlined in my original post, it works fine from other browsers.

6. trikky thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah...figured it would be somewhere in my setup, and decided I'd see what happened if I upgraded to 10.8 (I figured it's been out long enough for the bugs to be fixed).

Funny thing is I couldn't upgrade through the App store 'cos I was getting an error - Cannot Connect to the App Store. I was aware of that problem for a while, but wasn't too desperate for a fix UNTIL I couldn't update to 10.8 because of it. Followed a fix online for that (SSL certificates) and decided to see if the Paypal thing was addressed and lo and behold, it was. :)

Yay me.

Thanks to all for your help.