Safari not working on WiFi after Cydia Update

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zoom7000, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Zoom7000 macrumors newbie

I fired up Cydia this morning and noticed 2 updates. Mobile Substrate and UIKit Tools. I downloaded the updates and rebooted my device. Since then I have noticed that my iPhone won't work properly with WiFi. It connects to my network, picks up an IP address and I can ping it. But Safari won't connect to the Internet. I'm not even getting the WiFi icon on the status bar. Anyone else having similar issues?

2. scotty588 macrumors 6502

I updated Mobile Substrate and UIKit Tools also. Just rebooted and didn't have any problems. Maybe try rebooting your router?

3. Zoom7000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on my corporate network, wish it was that easy lol!

I'll just retry it when I get home. Hope I don't have to restore :(

4. huskerchad macrumors regular

I just popped in to look for this. Yesterday I woke up to a completely dead battery when I know it had been ~80% before.

Got it charged up to around 50% and it was fine through the day. When I left work and stopped at a store on the way home, it wouldn't connect to the in-store wifi. I played around with both the Settings app and SBSettings. I would sometimes get an IP address on wireless but no apps could access the network. Turning wifi on and off was flaky in both Settings and SBSettings--turning it on in particular would not stick.

A few resprings and restarts didn't really do much to change it. At first I could access the net over 3G but that stopped working as well. Unfortunately I did not really have time to diagnose this because I needed a working phone, so I had to do a restore when I got home.

Maybe over the weekend I'll play with it some more. I'm not sure if the battery drain and the network problems are related.