Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bluemeanie1976

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
OK, so I have my little safari app open, and I want to download the file to my file management app, airsharing. So, clickety click I click the swine, but the 'open in' doesn't do anything, and theonly other option is to open the file in teamviewer.

So, is there a way to set the default file manager app in safari, as it seems to decide all by itself. I don't want to have to remove an app, JUST so I can get a file into another app.

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
OK, so I have my little safari app open, and I want to download the file to my file management app, airsharing. So, clickety click I click the swine, but the 'open in' doesn't do anything, and theonly other option is to open the file in teamviewer.

So, is there a way to set the default file manager app in safari, as it seems to decide all by itself. I don't want to have to remove an app, JUST so I can get a file into another app.

sadly, Safari does not support downloading. you need to use a different browser. I recommend Atomic Browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.