Safari on iPhone 5 faster than Note II?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Subu, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Subu macrumors regular

Folks

With a friend of mine, I recently tested safari on iPhone 5 against a Note II on the same wifi, same time of the day ..same minute actually, opening the very same web sites and browsing web mail etc

consistently safari + iPhone 5 came up faster

Did anyone else notice this or is it just me ...an apple fan ??

Also , in many cases one seem to be needing more key strokes on Note II to get from mail to browser , browser to apps etc ..

AKAIK, this friend helping me test these web sites with me on the Note II was quite experienced on using Note II, but I could be plain wrong ...hence this post seeking forum members views / opinion

PS :
    However I have to admit that the Note II is designed very well, has a much larger screen etc .

TIA
    regards

2. chilibball macrumors member

I agree. I have beaten multiple GSIIIs in web browsing speed tests so I see it as no surprise.

Kevin

3. wxman2003 Suspended

4. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Same exact thing with me and my brothers Note 2, i have tested both on same wifi network loading up same sites and iPhone 5 wins every single time, and the browser feels snappier on the iP5

5. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

The native browser on my Note 2 scored around 1050ms on the SunSpider Javascript benchmark. With Chrome, it came in at ~860ms.

Its screen is larger, but fonts are uglier, double-tab to zoom doesn't work right, text on websites doesn't flow correctly when zooming, etc. Chrome is a little better, but the UI is still a PITA to use one-handed, scrolling still isn't as smooth as the native browser, I don't like the way tabs are handled by either browser, etc.

6. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Theres no way you got a 860 ms score..the latest Android phones got a score of like 1000 on Sunspider (HTC One and S4)

Can you at least post a picture of that

7. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

They're most likely using the built in browser.

The latest version of Chrome for Android is using the latest version of the V8 JavaScript engine. And yes, it scored around 860ms.

I no longer have the Note 2. I traded it and another device for an iPhone.

8. duneriderltr450 macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

image.jpg

9. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

I had note2 and s3 and yeh iphone browsing expierence is way better especially rendering. Also who says that flash as android advantage., lies if talking about s3 and note2 because when i was browsing websites where were a lot of flash objects, stock browser randomly freezed and closed always :)

10. mobilebuddha macrumors regular

apparently he's not that experienced.. if he's never heard of app switcher. swipepad -> 0 keystroke. just a swipe from the edge and swipe to the designated icon to switch app.

11. TheBozo macrumors newbie

TheBozo

agree. safari is faster and smart loads the pages.

12. cynics macrumors G3

Safari is WAY faster on an iPhone then it is on the Note II. Considering safari isn't on the Note II I think is the main reason.

On Android devices I find Chrome Beta to be just as fast as Safari. Btw there is a difference between Chrome and Chrome Beta and I highly recommend any Android users out there give it a try, you'll need to search for it in the App Store, the app is update nearly daily.

Regardless if there is any difference in speed it can only really be measured by a computer operated timer. It's not like something you will actually notice in real world use.

13. Subu thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the knowledgeable post

however the differences *I* noticed were quite "real" world

AFAIK my friend was using Chrome on note II and not Chrome beta

So ..this tells me Samsung / Google / Android companies are aware of this difference and are working to fix it

.hmm....