Safari on Mavericks or Chrome on Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by tymaster50, Jan 17, 2014.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Which do you prefer to use? I have gotten used to Safari so i can't just switch over now :p does chrome support theming on 10.9?

2. ufkdo macrumors 6502

Chrome drains much more battery power than Safari. Since the battery time is the most important thing for me, I am using Safari. In terms of speed, both browsers seem to be fast enough.

3. allthingsapple macrumors member

Safari is way better than Chrome on Mavericks hands down (At least for me anyway). Drains far less battery than chrome and Safari seems more responsive than chrome in my experience.

4. Bear macrumors G3

Chrome is being bloated by Google. I'd stick to Safari.

5. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

When I upgraded to Mavericks, Chrome was a dog so based on others' recommendations I went to Safari. I really missed some of the plugins on Chrome and tab/bookmark sync. On a whim, I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it.

The difference is significant. Chrome still seems to consume more resources doing specific things like playing a YouTube video or a Facebook game, so I use Safari for those, and Chrome for everything else.

7. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I use both. Chrome for anything with Flash, which I don't otherwise use. And for Google stuff, like Maps, Voice, Gmail, etc. Just seems to work easier, although I'm sure Safari probably would too. And YouTube.

Safari for the rest, although sometimes Firefox.

No reason to stick with only one.

8. janitor3 macrumors regular