Safari on Windows problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MonkeySee...., Sep 2, 2011.

1. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Hi Chaps,

Sorry this is more of a windows problem but thought maybe some kind soul can help.

I like to use safari. I use it on my Mac at home and try to use is on my PC at work. I know google chrome is great etc but i've got a love jones with safari and I just want it to work.

So here is my problem and maybe no surprise but it crashes litterely every 15/20 mins or so. I've even tried to tell windows to let it hang for a bit and not stop it but windows ignores my request.

I have a couple of "problem reports" below that someone may hopefully say, ahh yes, thats your problem.

I've googled and googled but no joy, extensions i have installed are "LastPass" and "AdBlock".

Help me, Please. *beg*

----------

Also, i've tried resetting safari and even completely reinstalling it but alas. No joy.

2. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

I have also had issues running Safari on Windows [XP]. After using Safari for a while, my computer would noticeably lag and even crash from time to time. I have since given up on using it for Windows. Since I'm a sucker for consistency, I'm now using Chrome across my Macs and PCs.

3. technologylive macrumors member

technologylive

Safari is a great browser on OS X. But it doesn't work that good on Windows.
    It's much quicker and doesn't crash on OS X.
    I advice you not to use it on a Windows computer.
    You could give Google Chrome a try, it's also fast and minimalistic!

4. MonkeySee.... thread starter macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Thanks guys. I've used chrome for many years but would prefer safari. When it works its just as fast and like some of it features.

I'll probably be formatting the PC at some point so maybe that will fix an underlying issue i may have.

Maybe i'll get the boss to get me a mac. haha.

If anyone else has any fix's etc let me know. Have also tried "compatibility mode"

5. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

Personally, I liked using Safari on Windows because of the way it renders fonts. It made reading such a treat for me.

6. MonkeySee.... thread starter macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Yeah, same. I enjoy Topsites also and the new features in 5.1. Fingers crossed a format will fix it.