Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acemelhaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
hi when i have a webpage open if i clicked safari it opened another windows or if i minimised a page and clicked safari it opened new window but now it reopens window i have and loads with that can someone help me also does apple have its own email service like hotmail ???????? thanks

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I'm not sure if I understand what you are seeing happen, but I think you may have "New windows open with same page" selected in your Safari preferences (general section). You may prefer "Empty Page" if that is what you are describing.

Yes, there is an Apple email service included with .Mac. It is not free, though.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
It's so hard to help someone when there is zero punctuation in their message. I have no idea what your problem is, can you re-type that clearly?

acemelhaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Hi im sorry, was in a hurry. What i mean is , i have this forum page open in this window but i f i wanted to look at something else, and keep this window still. When i click on safari it wont open another window ??

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
acemelhaz said:
Hi im sorry, was in a hurry. What i mean is , i have this forum page open in this window but i f i wanted to look at something else, and keep this window still. When i click on safari it wont open another window ??

Hit Command-N on your keyboard...that'll pop open a new Safari window pronto!

acemelhaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Thankyou up until now though i was clicking safari again, and it worked .

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
acemelhaz said:
Thankyou up until now though i was clicking safari again, and it worked .

Just clicking on Safari won't open a new window, unlike something in Windows where each open window corresponds to a new instance of the program. In OS X, you run 1 program with many open windows.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Just use tabbed browsing. Safari -> Preferences -> Tabs then click "Enable Tabbed Browsing" and "Always show tab bar" then just right-click, and select "New tab" on the tab bar when you want a new page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.