safari opening sites as mobile sites

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aldo818, Sep 9, 2010.

1. aldo818 macrumors regular

the websites i wanna open recognize my safari browser and open it as mobile site so i ve to find the link on the page to open the full webpage. is there a way i can make the sites make recognize the browser as full safari browser like from the macbook one

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Some sites have a button somewhere that says take me to the Classic or PC view of this site...

The easiest is if you are jb, then download "UAFaker" and it will make any site think you are in X system (you choose which in the settings of the app). There is even an SBtoogle for it... (the app works inside safari so no springboard icon, only in the settings)...

3. aldo818 thread starter macrumors regular

as i just updated to os4.1 i can t jailbreak my phone :(

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Mobile Safari doesn't support changing the User Agent, but Atomic Web Browser will. It's on the App Store and can be done by accessing settings within the App an tapping "identify browser as" and picking another browser. Atomic is not free however. There may be other browsers for iOS that support this but I haven't researched the matter fully.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

What website you wanted to see in full view? Most big company sites have the button like I told you to change it to full/classic/pc view, check all the way to the bottom of the page for the word...

The caveats of being in vanilla 4.1! Try another app store webbrowser to see if you can have dif. user agent w/ it until then! (EDIT: just like JediMeister said!)

6. aldo818 thread starter macrumors regular

The webpages i look at are mainly german newspaper website and sometimes it s hard to find the link. It s not a big deal actually but if it would have worked directly would have been nice as it safes time.

I m gonna try other browser thanks for the advice

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

If the page has the link for full size, then save the full size page in your bookmarks in mobile safari (instead of the mobile version of the site) and don't delete the cache, once you go again to the site, it should select the regular version as long as it's using the bookmarked address...

8. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

If you use the site a lot, just bookmark the full version of the site.

9. Lostsol macrumors regular

There is an app called perfect browser that will allow you to set the type of rendering you want (reg safari/int explorer 7/ etc). I use it quite a bit. It also allows you to use tabs like IE.

10. aldo818 thread starter macrumors regular

Since i jailbroke my iphone i installed uafaker and it doesn t seem to work with os 4.1

i turned it on off also i installed and removed and reinstalled it without any success

11. kawasakirider macrumors regular

Strange... I have been doing 95% of my browsing on my iPhone for the past 2 weeks because it's new. All the websites I view are in full view and I have o adjust the level of zoom a fair bit, but it's painless and simple.

I have clicked on view in mobile format for a couple of sites, this one included. I hated it. Hardly any detail and very boring.

12. tuan time macrumors member

a little OT but my UAfaker works fine until i use the mobile youtube app. When i try to play a video, it opens up wunder radio and tries to play it through there? This is on my i4. But i also have UAfaker on my 3gs as well as wunder radio and it works fine?

13. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I just installed it too and it isn't working. Might have to wait for an update since it might not work on 4.1