Safari opens with last page visited

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NJFP, Aug 11, 2011.

1. NJFP macrumors 6502

Just upgraded to Lion. Not too bad, different, liking it so far.......... BUT....... I close Safari, then when I relaunch it, it opens to the last page visited, not the home page. All settings are for open with home page, but it won't. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's not a bug it's the resume crap!

<edit>

Just so you know how to turn it off it's an all or nothing thing really.....

Launch System Preferences and click on the “General” icon
    At the bottom of the “Number of recent items” list, uncheck the checkbox next to “Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps”

3. NJFP thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you!

Still learning and finding where stuff is in Lion. Kinda liking it so far, not having the troubles some seem to be having (knock on wood!!)

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Whenever I exit Safari, (not that I use it as often as I use Chrome), I seem to remember a checkbox for "open windows next time" and I always uncheck it. Then I go to great lengths to make sure all my tabs come back in Chrome, including the session manager plugin. I guess I don't want to depend on this Apple centric approach because I want xmarks to sync my browsers across Windows, Linux and OS X. If I ever got to the point I didn't have to deal with Windows at work, I'd probably go "all in" for Apple's way of suspend and resume of Safari but for now I opt out. Thanks for pointing this setting in System Preferences. I might just switch it off system wide for now, at least until it is supported by Open Office/Libre Office and other third party apps I use.

5. MacmancUK macrumors member

Safari
    Preferences
    Extensions

Remove Safari Restore Extensions did it for me.