Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xetmarcr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
ID
Starting this morning, when watching a video tutorial for a photo editor app, I noticed that there was no text displayed at the bottom of the video, like for minutes, etc. I went to YouTube website and saw that the home page only had the video thumbnails displayed but no text, as shown in the attached file.

After waiting for over a minute, the text finally did appear. However, if I close the tab and reload the YouTube website it displays no text again, requiring a long wait for it to appear. And even when I have one tab in Safari opened with YouTube displaying normally, and then open YouTube in another tab, the new tab again displays the website without the text.

I just now noticed the same symptom occurs with the myWOT (Web of Trust) website, as well.

What could be causing such a delay displaying the text portion?

Note - After these symptoms appeared I cleared caches & history and disabled any extensions that are installed, which made no difference. I just now updated both Safari & El Capitan to current versions and still have the same symptoms.

Thanks for any help!

Mac Pro (early 2009)
El Capitan 10.11.6
Safari 10.1.1
12 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
[doublepost=1498322583][/doublepost]I found a problem with the modem/router. A general reset seems to have corrected the text display problem. Initially I didn't consider that since other web pages loaded just fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 8.52.05 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 8.52.05 AM.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 33
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.