Safari or Chrome

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BaddAdvice, Nov 20, 2018.

1. BaddAdvice macrumors regular

BaddAdvice

I’m sure it’s been asked thousands of times before, but which browser do you prefer for your iPad? I’ve been using Chrome for years on my i-devices, but just started using Safari on my new iPad Pro just for the heck of it. Is there a compelling reason (besides personal preference) to use one over another? What do y’all think?

2. BaddAdvice thread starter macrumors regular

BaddAdvice

3. richpjr macrumors 68040

richpjr

I use Chrome because it syncs across all my devices, both Windows and Apple. I like having one set of bookmarks and passwords to maintain.

4. Daniel Brown37 Suspended

5. hectorvs macrumors regular

hectorvs

I personally use Safari on all my iDevices and macOS. It has much better integration with Apple's OSes, that's essentially it.

In iOS, the browsing engine of every single browser is safari (webkit, I believe), the only difference is the "wrapper". If the browsing engine is the same I rather not give my data to google.

Also, I like that safari is less in your face and just nicer overall to use. as well as using the the hand-off feature when browsing from one device and continuing in the other (nice popup shows up).

iOS has the ad-blocker settings for safari, not sure if those apply to chrome when set.

On Mac I switch back and forth between safari and chrome, but I try to stick to safari because power management is much better and it integrates really well with the Touch Bar for video playback and the like (also I can natively start the picture in picture feature in almost any video, even youtube).

6. ZStech Suspended

I prefer using Google Chrome. I have Windows, Mac and iPad. No problems with Google Chrome. Safari is a "part" of macOS and cannot be simply re-installed (in case of problems with it) like stand-alone Google Chrome.

7. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors 6502

Wasn’t an option mate.. :p

8. Expobill Suspended

Expobill

There are always more options to everything!
    our high school tests had true, false and blow it out of yer arse!

9. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Anything but Chrome. Some others if you don't like Safari ..Vivaldi, Firefox, etc. Read the Chrome privacy policy, or let me summarize..."None".

10. Scream And Fly macrumors member

Scream And Fly

11. Mac2Crack macrumors member

Mac2Crack

12. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

Safari on iOS/MacOS, Firefox on Windows. I was hoping the Firefox bookmarks sync in iCloud for Windows would keep the two browsers' bookmarks in sync bit it's *****. Happy to manually maintain them though.

13. tps3443 macrumors 6502a

tps3443

14. Expobill Suspended

Expobill

Safari kinda took over my opera lately, i like safari’s new options in Mojave and im not in Switzerland

15. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

I'd really love Apple to revive Safari for Windows.

16. ledzepfan1981 macrumors 6502

ledzepfan1981

Chrome hands down for me. You can log into your Google account on any device and access your bookmarks.

17. Appleboi60013 macrumors newbie

I only use safari on my iPad 6th generation. Actually I only use safari on any of my apple products and use Firefox on my windows laptop . I hate google chrome, and if there was a better search engine than google, I would use that instead of google.

18. cullenl87 macrumors member

Will Chrome become a full desktop app with iPadOS?

19. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

Safari.

20. R0ckyRZ macrumors newbie

R0ckyRZ

So whenever I try to browse certain forums, Captcha straight up won’t work on Safari. Literally cannot interact with it. It’s useless.

Useless Safari.

21. augustya macrumors 68030

augustya

22. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

DuckDuckGo is what I use it’s Safari