Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoefler

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
Hi

new to mac, whats the browser you guys recommend?

and is there a thing like firefox mouse gestures for Safari? i like the idea of just clicking my mouse en swipe to the left to get to the previous page, really missing this on Safari.

Barnzee

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA
Hi

new to mac, whats the browser you guys recommend?

and is there a thing like firefox mouse gestures for Safari? i like the idea of just clicking my mouse en swipe to the left to get to the previous page, really missing this on Safari.

If you have the magic mouse you can do a two finger swipe to return to the previous page. if you have a trackpad like the one on the macbook pro you can do a three finger swipe to return to the previous page. All done in safari.

hoefler

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
If you have the magic mouse you can do a two finger swipe to return to the previous page. if you have a trackpad like the one on the macbook pro you can do a three finger swipe to return to the previous page. All done in safari.

yeah i know but i find those finger swipes a big pain in the A** (pardon my french) sometimes they just don't work the way it should, so is there no plugin/extension kind of thingy ?

timothevs

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
FL
For Firefox there's a plugin - Fire Gestures. Works fantastically. Not so sure about Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.