Safari or Firefox won't fill entire screen!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Antimatter, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Antimatter macrumors regular

Alright so I recently made a bookmark in Safari for full screen to use when I wanted full screen. The problem is that it won't go completely full screen. I can't even drag it or move it past that point. It's highly annoying because it looks like it's my screen that's bad.
    It's the same thing with Firefox too, it leaves a little space between the true bottom of my screen.

In iTunes or the Finder this is not a problem, it fills then entire screen.

Why doesn't Safari or Firefox fill the whole screen and can I change it? Here's the picture:

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

thats because your dock is hidden at the bottom. try placing the dock to the side.

you could also try using Saft which allows you to go into full screen mode. Safari has just been updated so wait a while for Saft to be updated. its kind of like full screen in IE7 on Windows.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Certainly looked like the browser filled the whole screen in that pic, am I missing something?

4. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Your kidding right? :rolleyes: Your actually annoyed that you can't get that whole extra like 3 pixels of hight in full screen? Never-mind the fact that Fullscreen isn't really necessary, but thats another topic. FWIW I just tried it, and had the same results, if you move your dock to the side it will work, but I don't see the point to gain a few pixels.

5. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i agree but i was just answering the question for the OP

7. Antimatter thread starter macrumors regular

I know the whole debate about full screen, but I was just annoyed that I could see my background when I was in fullscreen. I don't want the extra 3 pixels I want it to look like my screen is not faulty. That's all.

Thanks for your replies.

8. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I just tried it with disappearing dock, and it still maximized (when dragged) to the full screen for me. I'm using Tiger, though. And not the beta version of Firefox. Sorry, no idea what is going on with it.

9. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It's funny you mention this - I don't have this problem, though I suspect that's because I prefer not to hide my dock. Like you, I prefer my Safari/Firefox to be full screen. I do this with iTunes and Eclipse (a Java IDE) as well.

10. Mac. macrumors 6502

11. Antimatter thread starter macrumors regular

It's the new Firefox 3 beta 4. It is pretty sweet.

12. Mac. macrumors 6502

Thanks!

is it safe to use?

13. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

See this thread for details on Firefox 3 beta.