Resolved Safari Page Loading Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mic j, Aug 25, 2015.

  1. mic j, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015

    mic j macrumors 68030

    Mar 15, 2012
    For the last couple days I have had a problem with webpages stalling out (actually I think they are just loading very very very slowly) while loading. This has been happening with both my MBP's (2009 & 2012) on the same home network. Everything was working just fine until a couple days ago. All of my software is up to date and I updated OS X and Safari a couple weeks ago with no issues after updating.

    Normally my network consists of an AEBS (older white flat one) hooked to a U-Verse gateway. The AEBS is in bridge mode. I have rebooted both the AEBS and gateway several times, which did not solve the problem. Now, I have taken the AEBS out of the network and am using the gateway directly through wifi. Same issue occurs.

    Although I have tried a few things on my 2009 Mac (erase Safari, history, data, cookies etc/turn DNS prefetch off, put in 2 different DNS addresses), none of those solved the problem. And I wasn't surprised as this is happening across both my Mac's, so I figure it's probably a network issue.

    One thing that does work, is that if a loading page hangs, if I copy the URL from the Safari address bar, delete the address bar contents, then paste the URL back in, the page loads normally.

    Anyone have any ideas on this? Is it most likely a U-Verser server issue (since I haven't change anything on the Mac's since the last updates a couple weeks ago)?

    Update: Appears to be a U-Verse system issue, as of today, everything is back to normal.
  2. FHayek macrumors member

    Aug 24, 2012
    I had the exact same issue. I spoke with ATT U-Verse, they said there were no problems that they were aware of, even sent a tech out. He said the gateway was broken, seemed odd as traffic was intermittent and it was powering up etc. I ordered a new one, and of course, I have no connectivity issues as the real issue was ATT.
  3. mic j thread starter macrumors 68030

    Mar 15, 2012
    One thing that led me to suspect the issue was with AT&T was information from a complaint site that showed service complaints had increased, a lot, at the same time I was having the problem. The site was just "service" complaints, so it was not parsed into phone vs broadband. But it certainly made me suspicious. Second day now and everything is normal.

Share This Page