Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McPc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
CA
Running iOS 8.1.2 and for the past week now every time I go to the msnbc.com website Safari tries to load the site but I get a message saying safari encountered a problem and has to reload.

msnbc probably has changed the coding as the site was loading fine previously but I tried the Google browser and it loads the site fine. Not sure if this will eventually fix itself or not?

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Running iOS 8.1.2 and for the past week now every time I go to the msnbc.com website Safari tries to load the site but I get a message saying safari encountered a problem and has to reload.

msnbc probably has changed the coding as the site was loading fine previously but I tried the Google browser and it loads the site fine. Not sure if this will eventually fix itself or not?

I think this happens when Safari doesn't have enough RAM to load the site, I'm getting a lot of these messages on sites like The Verge which is horrible on my 4s.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Unfortunately this is a known issue with safari

If I leave 3-4 tabs open I often find them reloading and losing any work onone if thrown tabs.

I now use Google Chrome which is a little better than Safari.

AddisonIII

macrumors regular
May 8, 2013
I have also been experiencing this loop effect in the last week plus. Clearing history has no effect. Seems odd at least to me that I don't recall having this happen until recently. If I hit the search bar quick enough and tap the read article the loop will stop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.