Safari- page reload loop

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by McPc, Jan 14, 2015.

1. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Running iOS 8.1.2 and for the past week now every time I go to the msnbc.com website Safari tries to load the site but I get a message saying safari encountered a problem and has to reload.

msnbc probably has changed the coding as the site was loading fine previously but I tried the Google browser and it loads the site fine. Not sure if this will eventually fix itself or not?

2. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

I think this happens when Safari doesn't have enough RAM to load the site, I'm getting a lot of these messages on sites like The Verge which is horrible on my 4s.

3. I7guy macrumors G5

Fwiw, both sites load without issue on my 5s.

4. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Try clearing history and website data. I've only gotten that twice on my iPhone 6.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Unfortunately this is a known issue with safari

If I leave 3-4 tabs open I often find them reloading and losing any work onone if thrown tabs.

I now use Google Chrome which is a little better than Safari.

6. AddisonIII macrumors regular

I have also been experiencing this loop effect in the last week plus. Clearing history has no effect. Seems odd at least to me that I don't recall having this happen until recently. If I hit the search bar quick enough and tap the read article the loop will stop.