Safari page rendering trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lamina, May 14, 2008.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Safari is acting weird since I reinstalled Leopard.

It is rendering pages like lifehacker.com really loonnng.. I don't know how to express it, so I will take a screenshot.

I know in Firefox that there are something called page styles, and there is something similar in Safari under the Advanced tab in Preferences. I have no style chosen.

The pages render just fine in Firefox.

My example page: http://lifehacker.com/389735/get-vistas-best-features-in-xp

Attached Files:

2. Dan Harkless macrumors newbie

Wow, that's weird. Dunno what might be causing that, but for what it's worth, I tried viewing that page on my 10.5.2 system (a new MBP that came with 10.5.2 preinstalled, IIRC), and that page renders fine in Safari for me.

If you look at Safari... About Safari, does it say it's "Version 3.1.1 (5525.18)", or an older version?

At least there's a handy "Report Bugs to Apple" option in the Safari menu that you could use to report this problem.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

try do a reset of safari. Something in your safari is corrupted.

somebody mentioned a similar problem before, it was an Euro racing website, everything is stretched vertically by about 200 times. lol

Its not a universal problem tho, since some safari users (in this case, most users) don't have the problem.

I don't think its a problem with stylesheet. since I don't believe LH would design such a crappy stylesheet....lol

4. MrGibbage macrumors newbie

How funny. I found this page by a google search of "lifehacker firefox render problem" because I am having a problem with firefox rendering the lifehacker page all funny. Any would you believe the screenshots you posted are exactly what I am getting out of my firefox? Were it not for the browser, I would have thought it came from my computer! When I use safari for windows, it renders just fine. Go figure. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I will watch this thread to see if one gets posted. God luck!

5. blue17 macrumors newbie

Just in case someone else finds his way here trying to correct a rendering problem on Firefox, disabling and Adblock filter did the trick for me.

In my case it was an add-on problem, nothing to do with Firefox 's rendering engine.

(more on http://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2180)