Safari painfully slow?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mattwolfmatt, Feb 8, 2009.

1. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Has anyone else noticed that Safari is painfully slow the last few weeks? Mostly the problems are with gmail and facebook, but all sites are slower than Firefox. With both gmail and facebook, I can login fine, but when I click on something (a mail message, a person, a picture), it times out.

I've tried resetting safari several times to no luck. Firefox works fine. I'm having the same issues on my mac mini as well as my MBP. Both have 4GB Ram.

Any tips would be great. Thanks!

2. aki macrumors 6502a

my safari got very slow graaadually until i couldnt use it at all.... i went to pref and turn off the autofill options

then its back to teh snappy :D

i guess if you use it for too long and visit too many sites it has too much data to sort through when you open a page with text forms... or something.... i dont know anything ok but it worked :p

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Emmm, I don't like Firefox b/c it takes forever to load and it is slower than Safari. But that's me...:eek:

5. mattwolfmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

I could get used to firefox if it wasn't for the three finger swipe to go back. I miss it so much in firefox!'

I've tried resetting, clearing auto-fill, and still just as slow. Any other ideas? Otherwise, I'm hoping the next software update can fix this.

6. aki macrumors 6502a

mmm guess its not so simple in your case

ok try a different/new user account and run safari - is it normal speed?

if it is you can do the option of trashing and reinstalling safari and all prefs etc etc (you can export out your bookmarks first if you need that stuff)