Safari passwords

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrrjclarke, Sep 10, 2012.

1. mrrjclarke macrumors newbie

I have many mac devices and I just started using safari on them. Previously I was using chrome. I is ticking me of having to input passwords on websites on each device. Chrome had an add on that remembers passwords across all devices. Does anyone know if safari can do this in any way?

Cheers.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nope.. Safari remembers passwords on each device, but there is currently no way to sync them without purchasing aftermarket software like 1Password or something similar.

3. mrrjclarke thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for clarrifying for me.

Is 1password a good/safe app? Has anyone got any other good password apps.

Maybe I'll just go back to chrome. Only issue for me there will be not have browser chooser when I upgrade to IOS6.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

1password is great. All your passwords are stored in a databased protected by a master password. You can then sync that databased via dropbox to all devices (including windows machines). It also has extensions/plugins for all the major browers so you can plug in your password to the website in just a few clicks (it unfortunately is a bit more complicated in iOS, where you have to use copy and paste).

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I don't use 1PW, but others here seem very happy with it. From what I have read, it is very secure. By the time you purchase the OS X 1PW app then also the iOS apps, it gets a little bit expensive though (JMO). A lot of people use LastPass also, so you might want to look at that.

6. mrrjclarke thread starter macrumors newbie