Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acuriouslad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Australia
I may be understanding this wrong and if so please let me know, but if you also know a solution to this please feel free to chime in.

I have 4 pinned tabs, in Safari on my Macbook Air and whenever I open Safari I was under the impression that the pinned tabs would load in the background so they are always available for me to access. They don't automatically load though, so whenever I switch to them for the first time I have to wait for them to load.

Do I understand it wrong and they aren't supposed to load up in the background when Safari is opened? If so is there an extension or setting to make this happen?

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Hmm, I've never had it not load I don't think. So, after you load them, and you close Safari, are you saying it has to load again?

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Safari defers loading of tabs until you actually use them. This is done to save energy and memory. When you close Safari without closing the window, it will not immediately reload all tabs either.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
what i hate about them is...if i open a new window (say, with 3 bookmarks), the pinned tabs pop up, giving me TWO windows with the pinned tabs. i'd like to be able to work in a second (or third, etc) window occasionally without all my pinned tabs re-appearing. how many windows do i need them in? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.