Safari Plugins

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by matthew84, Dec 14, 2008.

1. matthew84 macrumors newbie

I just switched to Safari mainly because of speed. I am trying to find some of the plugins I used with Firefox. I already have Pith Helmet for adblocking, but I need to find something like Download Statusbar. Is there an addon for Safari that can move the downloads like that addon? Thanks

2. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Check out "GLIMS", it is like Saft + Inquisitor. Adds a lot of customization to Safari, changing search bar browser, changing tab behavior, etc. It is totally free. I like it even better than Inquisitor because Inquisitor disables the snapback feature.

Glims does allow you to alter the downloaders behavior, such as autoclose after a set time when downloads have been completed.

3. matthew84 thread starter macrumors newbie

i figured out how to install and am using safariblock and pith helmet. they work great together.

why does it always have the option to "Search in DEVONagent" when i right click when i dont have those apps?

still looking for a plugin similar to download statusbar.

Thanks for help.

4. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Thanks ggjstudios! I was not aware that such posts would be an issue. In reference to adblocking, it is good to have if you host your own website as it is a no no to click on your own ads, adblocking prevents you from accidentally doing so.