Safari Problem on new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stellerd, Aug 20, 2017.

1. stellerd macrumors newbie

Is anyone else experiencing Safari crash issues on their 2017 MacBook Pro? I just bought this new computer a week ago, but Safari is crashing randomly. Any input?

2. Audit13 macrumors 6502a

Audit13

Does safari suddenly quit, freeze, or not fully load?

Any apps running when this happens?

3. stellerd thread starter macrumors newbie

It quits suddenly, no other apps running, loading simple pages like youtube

4. Audit13 macrumors 6502a

Audit13

Only thing I can think of is checking for updates.

Did the crashes just start our were they there from the beginning?

5. stellerd thread starter macrumors newbie

they were there from the beginning :/ should I call best buy (where I bought it from) and ask to exchange?

6. Audit13 macrumors 6502a

Audit13

I would definitely go back to best buy and get an exchange for another unit. Do this before the return period expires.

7. stellerd thread starter macrumors newbie

Great. Thanks for the advise! I bought the computer a week ago, so I still have another week before my return period expires.

On a different note, before buying this computer, I was picking between this box (2017 mbp 128gb, 8gb, i5) and a 2017 MB 256gb, 8gb, m3. I am going to college overseas and will be traveling a lot, I do light gaming (like Skyrim wineskin, not too demanding of the gpu/cpu), Netflix, word processing, and light light light work in Logic Pro. I had doubts about getting a MBP and now that I'm going in to exchange, would it be worth exchanging for the alternative MacBook or should I just exchange for the MacBook Pro?

8. Audit13 macrumors 6502a

Audit13

The 12" Macbook is noticeably smaller than the mbp which has pros and cons.

When you are in the store, I would compare them, side by side, and then decide. The i5 and m3 processor should be pretty much equal when surfing and using office but the i5 will show its power when using more demanding apps.

9. stellerd thread starter macrumors newbie

I did compare them at first and I loved both. I didn't have a preference other than which computer would fit my needs best. Will the regular MB suit my needs? I need to be able to do light gaming and light light logic work. Will the be possible on the regular MacBook on the M3?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 20, 2017 ---
    I did compare them at first and I loved both. I didn't have a preference other than which computer would fit my needs best. Will the regular MB suit my needs? I need to be able to do light gaming and light light logic work. Will the be possible on the regular MacBook on the M3?

10. Audit13 macrumors 6502a

Audit13

The m3 processor is going to probably limit the Macbook's usefulness due to its low operating frequency.

I prefer having too much power over not enough so I would personally go with a MBP.

11. stellerd thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay great, thank you so much for the input! So, I'll stick with the MBP then. Thanks for the help!

12. lobo1978 macrumors 6502

lobo1978

Ehm, you are going to exchange the whole frickin computer because Safari is crashing? LOL

Did you at least try to remove preferences files or clear caches? Did you try running it in private mode?
    The Web is full of tutorials on how to clean reset Safari.

BTW: Did you try an alternative browser like Chrome? Is it working ok?

Last resort:
    If you are on a fresh system just restore the new system out with CMD+R.

What I am 101% positive is that it is software NOT hardware problem