Safari Problem: SafariErrorDomain Error2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stridder44, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

This only started happening in Snow Leopard (10.6.1), as I had never once come across this issue when on Leopard. On occasion when downloading a file in Safari (4.0.3) I get the error "The operation couldn't be completed (SafariErrorDomain Error2)". This happens after the download finishes. It looks like it's trying to decompress a file, and fails giving this error.

For example, I tried downloading Growl today and after it finished downloading, I got this error, but the file was sitting in the Downloads folder. So I try opening it and get "The following disks could not be opened: not recognized", so even the file itself becomes corrupt.

It could also be related to TheUnarchiver I suppose, which I am also currently using (because the default archive utility in OS X is crap), but I had been using TheUnarchiver in Leopard for years and never saw this error in that situation, so I'm a bit stumped. Thoughts?

2. slehman805 macrumors newbie

I noticed this problem

when I had Database software running a web server and accessing the server with Safari. I restarted and the problem disappeared. It is probably a network problem of some sort and could be related to file sharing or server software.

3. Kiardra macrumors newbie

I too have Snow Leopard (10.6) and have just received this message when trying to download an mmporg. Exactly the same seems to happen to me as you've described here, except that when I try to open the file in the downloads window it says it could not be opened because it's still downloading.
    Did you have any luck finding a solution?