Safari Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jrdkeller, Feb 7, 2011.

1. jrdkeller macrumors newbie

I just bought my new macbook pro about a month ago and it has been working great. I am on version 10.6.6 and all of a sudden my safari will not open certain websites. for example it will not load facebook.com, bodybuilding.com, netflix.com. and others. This has just happened within the week and i cant seem to fix it. It wont even load apple support so i cant browse through there. Can anyone please help me with this or know what the problem is that i referring to. I am using airport connecting to my router upstairs as well. The desktop upstairs can access these websites no problem. When loading it times out and says " safari cant not open the page bodybuilding.com because the server where this page is located isnt responding.

Thanks

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Will Chrome or Firefox load the same website on the Mac?

3. jrdkeller thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have firefox, once this problem started i wanted to download it to see if that would work but it won't even load the firefox website for me to download. I downloaded internet explorer for mac and the same problem happens with that.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you try resetting Safari, clearing cache & cookies?
    Are Parental Controls enabled?
    Are any ad-blockers running?
    What are your firewall settings?

5. jrdkeller thread starter macrumors newbie

I reset safari, cleared the cache, cleared all cookies, deleted and re-downloaded safari as well and nothing worked. I have no parental controls on since im the only user on this laptop. I currently have block pop up windows clicked on safari but thats about it for ad blockers i think not sure. and my firewall settings are completely turned off. I dont beleive i ever turned them on

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you check your DNS settings?
    Are Safari and any add-ons, extensions or plug-ins up to date?
    Did you try resetting your router?

7. jrdkeller thread starter macrumors newbie

I just downloaded google chrome and same problem is happening. my dns should be fine i only have one server and one under search domain. All my safari ad ons extensions and all of those are up to date as well.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What about your router?

9. jrdkeller thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, i tried resetting it twice, completely turned off the router/modem a bunch of times and nothing. tried to download firefox from google chrome just not but the download timed out and wont load either

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Click on or copy and paste this address into your browser and see if you can get there:
    http://206.207.84.66

11. jrdkeller thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't work, wouldn't completely load up and said server timed out again.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Well, it's not a DNS issue. You might check with your ISP to see if they're having problems or if they've blocked certain IPs. I'd also try resetting your router again and rebooting your Mac. I know you've done it before, but a few more attempts can't hurt.

13. jrdkeller thread starter macrumors newbie

alright ill contact them, if that don't work i guess ill go to the genius bar and see what they got to say. its only a month old so its very frustrating. Thanks for the help.

14. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No need to make a trip to the Genius Bar, and that likely won't help, since you'd be away from your router. Instead, call AppleCare and let them help you with phone support.