Safari Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Atticusracer182, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Atticusracer182 macrumors newbie

this is my first time posting on this forum or this issue. i would greatly appreciate everyone's help.

This morning i woke up my macbook pro and opened up the safari app. when opening the app the finder opened alongside with the macintosh hd page. i have no idea how that happened or how to fix it go go back to the apple start-up page. if anyone has any tips or suggestions it would help. thanks.

2. MatthewCobb macrumors regular

It's not clear exactly what you mean, but just try going to Preferences (under the Safari menu) and then click on General. You can set your home page to whatever you want it to be, or even nothing if you want a blank page. If that doesn't solve your problem, can you re-describe it?

3. Atticusracer182 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, sorry. i'm just kind of frustrated with what's happening. let me start over.

when opening the safari application it goes to a blank web page. also, when opened the finder opens the macintosh hd page as well. before this, safari would open under the apple startup page. so now, i'm wondering how to fix this problem and make it where the finder does not open and the homepage is the apple startup. if that makes sense.

4. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Try deleting the safari preferences p-list. And change your homepage to whatever you want from then on. See if that helps.