Safari Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JForestZ34, Jul 29, 2009.

1. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I'm having a problem with safari.. If I move it to the trash and redownload it will I lose all my bookmarks? Safari keeps closing on me, it's happened 4 times today, and 5 times yesterday.. Never had a problem until now.. If I delete it and redownload will that make me lose my bookmarks.. Thanks

James

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

3. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

To answer your question, no you will not lose your bookmarks. But if you want to take extra precaution you can export/import bookmarks from Safari.

Most of the time Safari crashes it is due to some 3rd party program not playing nice with it. Do you have any plugins/input managers installed (SafariStand, Saft, etc.)? If you do have any of these make certain they are the latest versions that you have installed...if not...update them or remove them. Simply deleting and reinstalling Safari is most likely not gonna resolve anything.

5. JForestZ34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't have any 3rd party apps or anything... I did update my Java and did another install of safari. I will see how it goes the next couple of days...

James

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Did you try moving the com.apple.Safari.plist file onto your Desktop and restarting Safari?

JIC: you'll find it in Users>yourUserName>Library>Preferences

If the problem goes away, you can delete the file you moved. A new one will replace it.

If that fails, try running Safari from another User Account.