Safari problems on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Grubster, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Grubster macrumors member

I setup my new iPad 2 and instead of setting up as new, I restored from my previous gen 1 iPad. Everything seems fine, but safari seems to crash a lot. Sometimes it is a weird crash and when I go to view the tabs, the screen is three quarters white. I have to close it out from the app tray and restart safari. Seems to happen when opening new tabs.

I have other weird things where it turned like all crazy blocky colors across the top. Weird things I never seen on my iPad one which I have had since it launched.

Do I just need to restore and setup as new? Or is this a iOS 4.3 issue?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Sounds like something bugged when you restored from the old one. Try a fresh one and see if it happens.

3. Merrily2006 macrumors newbie

Merrily2006

Nope not bugged

..it happened to me today too - Ipad 2 new yesterday. Browsing web pages and then boom - Ipad crashed and rebooted itself. I opened Safari again and it repeated the same deal - this time with the weird screen colours and blocks.

After doing this three times I did a hard reset and it seems to be OK BUT all my open pages had disappeared.

Never had this issue with iPad 1.

Anyway - my husband bought a new ipad2 yesterday as well - and the same thing happened to him just now as well :(

4. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Sounds to me like it might be that you're running out of RAM. Try a restore and see if that helps. My iPhone used to crash Safari a lot.. but now it doesn't.

5. brudog68 macrumors 6502

Has happened here too. Seems it's been after linking to another tab and trying to go back. Gotta be a bug in safari somehow.

6. Merrily2006 macrumors newbie

Merrily2006

Going with the RAM suggestion

Think I agree that it may be a RAM issue ....

Tonight my three day old iPad 2 really panicked.
    I was google mapping and zooming in and out a bit so it had to re render the screen ..
    iPad 2 crashed and had a lot of trouble getting back up again The apple logo would appear then after a bit a vertical line came up on the screen and down it would go again Happened for bout eight cycles. I tried to intercept with a hard reset a couple times till finally it got it's act together Phew I thought it was a gonner there!

Think I'll call Apple support tomorrow morning so that at least they have a record from early days in case this keeps up..