Safari problems w/ Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Mikeyswen79, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Mikeyswen79, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014

Mikeyswen79 macrumors member

Mikeyswen79

I have been having a lot of trouble with Safari (v.7.0.3) since Mavericks, which I installed on day one. I have obviously waited a while to see if it sorts itself out, let Apple catch a few bugs, etc.

Basically my three issues:
    1. Finger swiping left and right to perform the "show the previous page" and "show the next page" function very often causes the window to freeze mid-swipe, making it impossible to scroll, go back, go forward, or even enter a new web page in the address bar. The tab must be closed to resume normal function.

2. Windows very often without the ability to scroll at all. I had to make the scroll bar always visible so I can manually do so.

3. Sometimes "Reset Safari" makes Safari require a force shut down. Not always, though. I perform this function daily.

This definitely isn't a hardware issue, as I am running a top-of-the-line MBP late 2013.

Any thoughts?

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

first, test Safari in another account, and let us know how it works there.

3. Mikeyswen79, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

Mikeyswen79 thread starter macrumors member

Mikeyswen79

I did so, unfortunately the same thing happens.

4. Mikeyswen79 thread starter macrumors member

Mikeyswen79

5. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

I have noticed on 2 Macs that sometimes resetting Safari causes the beach ball and a need to Force Quit. It appears to have something to do with loading Top Sites. If you change your Preferences to "New windows open with: Homepage" instead of Top Sites, it seems to prevent that from happening. A bug for sure though.