Safari problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RAVERBABY, Nov 6, 2010.

1. RAVERBABY macrumors newbie

hi.. basically im using a macbook with an external souncard but i cant seem to pay audio through safari.. All other applications on my macbook work fine and i can get output through them all but for some strange reason when i want to listen to stuff say through you tube it comes out of the internal speakers of the macbook

Anyone with any suggestions

2. stanfordb macrumors newbie

The obvious one: :)

Did you check "System Preferences" -> "Sound" -> "Output"

Happened to me before that for no apparent reason OSX changed the systemwide sound-settings.

3. RAVERBABY thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i have an i have even gone
    to audio/midi set up and they all have my external sound card as the output option. Like i said before everything runs through my sound card.. Garageband, quick time player, music software that i have installed it just seems to be safari.. I have even used firefox but to still no avail. Why are there no audio options for safari of firefox.

4. stanfordb macrumors newbie

Strange...especially the Quicktime-part (by logic this shouldn't work too)

Apps that don't let you choose audio options usually (always?) use the "systemwide settings".

So if you change the volume with F-shortcut keys you should hear the "pop-sound" coming out from your internal speakers too..?

Did you try to reset PRAM & NVRAM? (after that check System Preferences - Sound - Output, again)

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1895

What external soundcard do you use?

5. RAVERBABY thread starter macrumors newbie

No i haven't reset pram or nvram..not sure how to to be honest.
    My sound card is an L.E Saffire.. there is the pop sound but i cant adjust the volume because sound output is coming through the external soundcard

6. RAVERBABY thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok.. i went on to website earlier and whatever player they were using it came out of the external soundcard.. Really strange that is.. Safari or firefox still no joy.. I rang my nearest apple store and haven't got a clue what could be wrong so im hoping people on here might be able to resolve this

Many thanks for taking time out for this assisatnce