Safari Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kimberleyallen, May 24, 2011.

1. kimberleyallen, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011

kimberleyallen macrumors newbie

Hi there. I've been having problems browsing the internet for a couple of weeks. I thought it was my internet connection that was dropping. One minute everything was fine, then a page wouldn't load, then it came back a few minutes later. Today I've been having problems clicking on links and so I used Firefox and everything worked great. I went back to Safari, same problems, back to Firefox, no problems. So I am now wondering if there is a problem with Safari rather than my connection. Is this possible? I have reset Safari numerous times over the last few weeks but it's not made any difference. Is there anyway I can reinstall it?

By the way I have V 5.0.5 (6533.21.1)

2. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

I think you can just delete the Safari application from the Application folders and then go to http://www.apple.com/safari/ to download it again.

3. kimberleyallen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Does anyone know how I back up my bookmarks. I have mobile me so will it do it automatically?

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Um, yeah, provided that you have another browser installed. :) (Yes, I see that the OP has Firefox also.)

You can install the latest version of Safari over the one you have. I'm pretty sure your bookmarks will be there. They are not stored in the app itself.