Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
Since I start use two Safari profiles, I have issues with restore after exit Safari. My tabs in primary profile getting open completely wrongly.

In my second profile, some features doesn't work - like rules with security and experimental functions. I mean some sites opens in primary profile fine, but in second don't.

Anyone else have bad experience with profiles?

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
Yes, if I set up tabs in a second profile they disappear if I try to go back to that profile. Can't even find a YouTube that walks you through this process. Has anyone found one that shows the whole process including switching back and forth between existing profiles?

Shifts

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2019
I see this thread didn't get a lot of attention. Just did a recent update to Sonoma, and I am stuck on this as well.

Having a personal (profile 1) window open, and then clicking on open new work (profile 2) window, I can only swap between the two profiles in my new window, but not in the one where I started. It is incredible unintuitive.

The last post here was in October, but has nothing changed in regards to this over the months since the release?

Edit: Just dragged and dropped my tabs from the original personal profile window, to the new one that opened, and then closed the original window. Then I can no longer switch between the two profiles in the newly created window.

Also the switching between profiles, clears out any opened tabs. Weirdness.

This surely must be broken, or way more convoluted than I originally thought.

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
It's still broken.
Only opened tabs in main (default) profile stay saved after closing window. Every tab in other profiles doesn't survive closing and opening Safari.
Interesting is, that it works fine on iPadOS. When I switching between profiles I can see recent tabs.

I ended with Arc Browser on Mac 😞.

Shifts

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2019
Thanks for the reply, but that is depressing. Not Arc, but that Safari profiles is not working that well.

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
I know, it not belongs here, but there are new Safari bug introduced in few last version of macOS.
I used to have setting create new tabs instead of windows always. This setting not working few versions back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.