Safari progress bar

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aimlessone, Dec 13, 2007.

1. aimlessone macrumors newbie

I downloaded the latest updates for my iBook last night. Ever since then, the progress bar in Safari always shows about 90% done, so 90% of the bar is blue and 10% is white. However, it is done loading the page because the (x) stop button is not shown, the little twirling circle in the tab indicating that the page is still loading is not there, and the reload button is available. Anyone know how to troubleshoot this? Thanks.

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Mine has been doing this for the past couple of days too! I figured it was just me, I didn't peg it starting after any particular update, but I suppose it would be a bit of a coincidence if it wasn't due to some recently released update.

3. jockboy macrumors newbie

I was about to reply to this post noting that my Safari progress bar was stuck at about 10% complete since the recent updates, but then noticed that if you open a second Safari window the progress bar operates correctly in opened pages in that window ( just to check, I opened another five Safari windows and they all seem to work correctly too). So it would appear, at least in my case, that this bug only applies to the first opened window.
    This bug is evident on my PPC iMac running 10.4.11 but not on my Intel iBook running 10.5.1 both using Safari 3.0.4

4. klincicome macrumors newbie

It also works correctly in new tabs. Very strange. Has anyone switched to the Pie Chart progress bar, and does this behave the same way?

5. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

6. klincicome macrumors newbie