Safari push notification not working

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Rossatron, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Rossatron macrumors 6502a

hey,

i have enabled push notification for macrumors via the "push notification" icon on the front page. i can also see macrumors logo in my notifications' settings - and yet, i never get any notification for new content. it works fine with Facebook (as an example).

2. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

Likewise, seems to only send notifications once I check the actual page/website

3. Rossatron thread starter macrumors 6502a

not even that for me :(

the connection between my computer to macrumors seems ok - if i click "deny" in safari, the website push prefrences instantly update, and when i click "allow", again, it automatically updates. the connection to the notification centre itself seems broken :\

4. ul1984, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

ul1984 macrumors newbie

Nothing happens for me when i click the "Subscribe Now" button at: http://www.macrumors.com/push/

I don't get a question if i want to allow/deny or anything. What could cause such a problem?

EDIT: And when I attempt to test push notifications at: http://www.service2media.com/webpush/
    i get this error message below the send button: ERROR: No webtoken

5. Ambush083 macrumors regular

Ambush083

Works perfect on my 2012 Retina MBP 15", but not on my 2012 iMAC 27". Weird.

6. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Same (well, a ’11 MBP), installed Mavs on Friday, hit MR a few hours later, got the confirmation for notifications, and they’ve been coming through just fine.

For the folks who aren’t getting them, but appear to have it active for MR, have you looked in your notification history? Confirmed you’re not on DND?

Attached Files:

7. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I just posted about this in the other thread. I can't tell if it's a Macrumors issue or a Mavericks issue because I can't find enough sites to try it with.

8. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Still having issues getting any push notifications from MacRumors. I subscribed to the NYT site and those are coming through fine.

-Kevin

9. qua macrumors member

Got mine regularly until recently

Now all push from MacRumors have stopped - still subscribed though.