Safari Question / Converting iPod videos Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azcardsfan, Sep 19, 2008.

1. azcardsfan macrumors member

Is there a way to open new tabs in the safari from a link on a page like in firefox? Instead of opening a new tab and then typing in what you want on the new tab or opening a bookmark on a new tab.

Also, whats a good Vista application to convert avi files to ipod files for the ipod. It doesn't matter how much it cost (cough...demonoid...bittorrent..;)).

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Umm... right click on the link and click "Open Link In New Tab."

And as for the converting videos... a good converter that I have been using for almost two years now is Jodix FREE video converter.
    Google it.
    When you google it don't put in the free part.

3. Dudeman486 macrumors member

I think that the OP was asking if there was any way to do this through the ipod touch, seeing as it is the ipod touch forum...

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

the op clearly stated he wanted a vista application to do that and a good one is youtube to ipod converter. it says its for youtube stuff but you can pick a file and it will convert avi files as well.

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Ya, my bad.
    In that case then I have no idea.

Jodix works really well, you can even change the quality of the video being converted.
    It pwns youtube converters.
    What I would recommend is getting a separate program for downloading videos off youtube and then convert that video for iPod using Jodix.

6. azcardsfan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I'll be downloading the Jodix program. For opening new tabs, I was wondering if there was a way to do that on the iPod touch (not firefox on Vista) but it doesnt sound like there is.

7. gusto5 macrumors member

Videora iPod touch converter or XviD4PSP (it has an option to do ipod touch) may be of assistance.