Safari question involving search

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by one1, Oct 12, 2009.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

Before Snow Leo I was somehow setup to where when I stuck any word in the safari url bar it automatically added ".com" to the name when I hit enter and took off in that direction. Now after Snow Leo upgrades I am finding out (a few weeks later..... I'm not so observant) that when I type a name in the url bar and hit enter it does not add the ".com" and rather instead searches the name itself in a comcast search.

[​IMG]

How do I remove the comcast search option and make it go back to adding the .com autofill? I'm growing tired of being sent to search every time I type the name of a site in that should assume .com and just go there like it did before. If it helps to know, I have the GLIMS plug in as well (but I did before also).

Im usually able to figure this stuff out, but I'm coming up short on this one. Many thanks!

2. celticpride678

I am also having this issue. I believe it is Comcast making this happen, not the OS. I fixed it by using OpenDNS. That’s the only thing I can think of right now.

3. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

It was working so well. One of the biggest convenience features for me was to be able to use the url bar to launch rather than search. Hope someone has an answer soon. :)

4. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

i just tried it and it works for some sites and others take me to the comcast search site.

id say its an issue with safari because firefox doesnt have this problem because of the way the awesomebar is designed.

5. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well there has to be some way to edit it. I know host files and such, but not enough about editing safari to not do a comcast search. Any other info?