Safari question on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djearlybird, Sep 26, 2007.

1. djearlybird macrumors regular

Can you set it somewhere on the phone to remember your username/passwords in safari, so its easier to login, or is it not possible?:confused:

2. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Yes, like boards similar to this it automaticly logs you in if you didnt log out last time you visited.
    It accepts cookies just like a home computer.

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Safari automatically remembers you if you havent logged out

4. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah but that's for things like forums like this, my work email automatically logs me out, on my iMac it fills in the login/pw so all i have to do is press enter, can it be done on my iphone?

5. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I am not too sure about that. One thing I have experienced is that when I logged in to meebo and asked to remember my password it did and next time i went to that page i just had to sign in because my credentials were already filled in. So i guess it would vary.

6. jt2ga65 macrumors regular

If the web site allows you to select "remember me", then it is likely that your username and password is stored in a cookie. For your corporate email, it's unlikely that they are going to do that, and more than likely your home computer has a password vault in the browser that will store your username and password, like firefox does. I don't remember seeing such a thing on the iPhone, but it might have something.

-jt2

7. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

yea I use safari at home, and there is no remember me. I would like to use mail app, but they have IMAP turned off, webmail only, boooooo

8. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

The answer is no, Safari on the phone does not have a "remember passwords" option like a PC/MAC version does. But, as previously stated, if the website uses cookies to log you in automatically it still works.