Safari Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CosmoPilot, Nov 13, 2010.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

This might not be the right location for this question...however, my Safari is running on a MBP :)

Only been a Mac user for 3 months now but can't seem to figure out a basic navigation feature browsing with Safari.

Let's say I've visited 10 webpages in order (1,2,3, etc.). I'm now looking at page 10 (the last one). Now I want to go back to page 7 to re-read its contents followed by page 6.

The only way I know to do this is through history. In IE, there was a drop down arrow that would take you back to page 7 (like a history). However, in IE if I now use the back arrow, I'd go to page 6. In Safari, if I use history to get from page 10 to 7 and then use the back arrow, it takes me back to page 10 again.

Using gestures on the trackpad is SO convenient that using the history seems like a time killer. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the only way to navigate backwards?

Hopefully my question makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Cosmo

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

That's exactly what I do!

4. preppy macrumors member

preppy

Rather than going through your history to revisit a site, try holding down the back button to bring up the "IE-esque" drop down menu for your past sites. That keeps your browsing order the same.

5. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Preppy, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks...chalk another learning moment in the books! MR is awesome...

Cosmo