Safari Question!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MilkMan4, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MilkMan4 macrumors regular

Okay so after I quit out of safari and go back into it later, it opens back up at the last page i was on earlier. I don't want that. I just want it to open up at the home page, which i have set to google under preferences and general. I can't really find a preference for opening up at home page or last page, so can anyone help me?!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. MilkMan4 thread starter macrumors regular

idk if this makes a difference but i am running lion...

and i have those preferences,
    New windows open with: homepage
    New tabs open with: empty page
    Homepage: http://www.google.com

i hit command Q to quit out of safari, then click back on safari to open it back up and it starts me off with all of the tabs and pages i was at when i hit quit

i don't want this!!!

4. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

It's part of the resume feature of Lion. You have two options that I'm aware of.

Option 1:
    Turn off resume in System Preferences. Although, this will turn off the feature for every app.
    [​IMG]

Option 2:
    When quitting Safari, quit using Command + Option + Q instead of just Command + Q.

5. jive turkey macrumors 6502

I believe if you don't want Safari to open the last windows viewed you can hold down the option key when you Cmd-Q.

6. MilkMan4 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys! this is what works :)

7. johnryjr macrumors regular

Also, if you close the window with the red "x" before quitting the app it will open back up to your home page.