Safari question

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by cocky jeremy, Jun 3, 2014.

1. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

When clicking on the address bar it pops up your "Frequently Visited" sites. Has anyone found a way to change this to specific sites you choose yourself? I can't seem to find any options for this, which sucks, because the sites listed definitely aren't the ones I visit the most often. It lists eBay, which I rarely use, over others I use daily. Kind of weird.

2. EnderTW macrumors 6502

For Yosemite it's your bookmarks..

3. afsnyder macrumors 65816

It's your favorite bookmarks...

4. April Knight Suspended

It's not just your bookmarks, as the above posters have said. There is one section that is your bookmarks, and below that is a clearly labeled "Frequently Visited" section.

As with OP, that section is populated with sites that I have visited maybe once or twice, as opposed to sites I visit most often. I have also not found a way to change this, and reckon it'll be something that can be done in future updates.

5. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Some of mine are bookmarks, others aren't. Not sure how they choose what goes there, but I hope they add an option to customize it. I really don't need eBay as an option. lol.

6. N3ILA, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014

N3ILA macrumors member

N3ILA

I put all my bookmarks into folders. I than went to preferences in safari, than to search and un-clicked the four options listed in smart search field. Now all that shows is a very thin blank bar. :)

[​IMG]

7. digitalnordic macrumors newbie

safari downloads

Have they added an option to "ask where to save each file before downloading" to Safari preferences rather than having to select a default location?