safari question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by deldakota, Jan 4, 2008.

1. deldakota macrumors newbie

i am starting to learn my way around mac after several frustrating days. im trying to get use to using safari instead of aol and i have a annoying issue with it..is there a way to set it up so that when i click off a webpage, it doesnt send safari back to the dock? id like to click off a webpage and have safari's main page there.

2. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

Welcome to the mac!

AFAIK there's no way to set Safari to do this verbatim, however instead of closing a window, you can click the home icon in the toolbar beside the URL input and it will change back to your homepage. If the icon's not there you can put it there by going under the view menu and selecting 'home'.

Hope this helps.

3. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

Can you clarify a few of the things you said, I should be able to help you, but don't quite understand what you mean by a few of the things you noted. I will highlight the parts I am unclear about.

1. what do you mean by click off a web page? as in selecting a link to load a new page?

2. What are you hitting that send safari to the dock? my guess is the little yellow button in the top left?

3. Is the goal to be one a website, lets say the NY times for example, and you see a story you want to open and read, but don't want to lose the main NYT webpage? If so, the solution is quite easy and I will gladly provide just as soon as I am sure that's what you are asking.