Safari + "QuicklookD" crash?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Darkroom, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

wtf? my computer, mostly Safari, has been acting up lately... i just downloaded an image attachment from gMail, which by the way eats in Safari, and this happened:

Attached Files:

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

3. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

are you serious?

4. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

It's worth a shot. Or just run the following from the Terminal and restart your computer:

Code:
    sudo diskutil repairPermissions /
    sudo periodic daily weekly monthly
    This will repair the permissions on the computer and then run the daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance scripts (which, depending on if these scripts have been run correctly before, can take anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes)

5. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

but could it seriously be just the permissions that always seem to make Safari run like a$$? it seems to crash often, especially when i'm running Ram intensive apps like Adobe Illustrator. and this time it seems that a portion of finder (quicklook) crashed based on safari problems... which i find very strange...

"fix permissions" seems like an overused (non)answer to any mac related problem...

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Whenever I have problem, I repair permissions and/or restart and that fixes my problem. Also, FLASH has a memory leak in Safari and continually eats memory, often causing Safari to crash.

TEG

7. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

what can be done about the safari memory leak ? When you notice it eating your ram do you have to restart your computer or just quit safari & reopen it?

8. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

interesting... i noticed my safari problem immediately after i uninstalled Safari Block, so maybe that really had an impact on the already unstable flash plug in.