Safari/Quicktime/Flash Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Telp, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I know ive posted this before, but its really getting unbearable, and who knows, maybe ill get different input this time. Anyway, my problem is in safari running on leopard where i cant see any videos and most ads. Instead i just get the quicktime logo with the ? on it. Ive tried redownloading flash, including flash 9. Ive tried perian, nothing, downloaded the new flip4mac, still nothing. I've been dealing with it for awhile now, and i cant handle it anymore, its just wayyy to annoying, and inconveniant. Everything works fine in firefox, but i hate firefox, even just using it to watch videos, not to mention how inconveniant THAT is. Anyone had this problem that can help me? This has been happening since the safari 3 beta in tiger, and i was hoping it would be fixed in leopard, and its new updates. It hasnt. Thanks.

-Telp

2. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

3. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

quicktimeplugin.plugin in your internet plug-ins folder was the culprit. Now i just cant watch anything on apple...still better then not being able to watch anything...

4. DHouston macrumors newbie

Fix to Safari/QT problem

From another board, I was able to fix my problem of not seeing Flash QT on Safari 3.04 (with Leopard).

Move the files "QuickTime Plugin.plugin" and "QuickTime Plugin.webplugin" from your Library folder (may be in either Preferences or Internet Plugins) onto your Desktop. Re-log in and worked for me.

5. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

its not a QuickTime issue. Its safari. You need to delete ur safari plist file in ur library to do that then restart.