Safari randomly opens tab in new window

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Neeznoodle, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Neeznoodle macrumors member

I don't know if this is specifically a Mac Pro issue but since Safari is the only browser I have this problem with I figure it can't hurt to ask.

I use a lot of browsers and often have a lot of tabs open in each of them. Safari does something every now and then that none of my other browsers do. When I switch between tabs or click somewhere in a tab Safari will sometimes randomly open the tab in a new window. I am absolutely positive that I did not hit anything to purposely open the tab in a new window.

It drives me bananas when this happens but I can't find a solution to it when I search online. Thoughts? Help? Advice?

2. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

The ONLY time I've ever had anything like that happen is when I specifically click to open in a new window.

3. Neeznoodle thread starter macrumors member

It's definitely something that is happening on its own, without me doing it. The research I've done shows that it is called tab tearing, but I can't find information about it for Safari.

4. dorsy28 macrumors newbie

I am having the SAME issue. I found this post recently; did you ever solve your issue?

5. thornslack macrumors regular

I have this issue as well, although I chalked it up to the crummy Logitech gaming software I have installed to govern my mouse DPI in OS X. Never experienced the issue prior. Do you by chance have this installed as well?

6. Neeznoodle thread starter macrumors member

7. dorsy28 macrumors newbie

No new software. I originally used the apple Magic Mouse, and had the same issue. That's why I switched to a Logitech, with basic software. Sounds like this is not an isolated issue.