Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gascogne

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Sweden
I'm used to have several tabs open in Chrome (coming from pc recently to mac recently) and safari removes my tabs when I open many bookmarks at once.

What setting am I forgetting or do I need a plugin for safari? :confused:

*edit*
And when closes safari all the tabs gets removed and no way to restore the session either.

Last edited:

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm used to have several tabs open in Chrome (coming from pc recently to mac recently) and safari removes my tabs when I open many bookmarks at once.
:confused:
Me too. {:confused: that is} When you open many bookmarks at once, is that not using Tabs? But Safari removes tabs when you do that... doesn't compute. If Safari is not permitting Tabs, you can't do that. Then (below) you close Safari, and all the Tabs (which got removed when you opened multiple bookmarks) get removed?

Please try to explain this better. If you're multi-lingual, and English is not your native tongue, we can still get to the bottom of this. (my hint: your user name) edit: And now I see that you are in Sweden. I don't know any Swedish words, so English it is for me!

And when closes safari all the tabs gets removed and no way to restore the session either.
Not so: History > Reopen All windows from last session

Gascogne

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Sweden
Me too. {:confused: that is} When you open many bookmarks at once, is that not using Tabs? But Safari removes tabs when you do that... doesn't compute. If Safari is not permitting Tabs, you can't do that. Then (below) you close Safari, and all the Tabs (which got removed when you opened multiple bookmarks) get removed?

Please try to explain this better. If you're multi-lingual, and English is not your native tongue, we can still get to the bottom of this. (my hint: your user name) edit: And now I see that you are in Sweden. I don't know any Swedish words, so English it is for me!

The name is french but Im a swed hehe. ;)

I have at the moment 6 tabs open at the moment (Safari) and when I want to open a bookmark that have about 20 different pages in it the first 6 tabs are removed (those tabs I want to keep open at all times..)

In the Chrome browser those 6 tabs are not removed, the new tabs are just added no matter how many tabs I open.
The Safari browser should be able to do the same... :p

Bartman4611

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2017

Not so: History > Reopen All windows from last session
I don't understand what you're saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.