Safari Resets on each close

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hcycle, Nov 14, 2010.

1. hcycle, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010

hcycle macrumors newbie

Hi,

My copy of Safari keeps resetting every time I close it. I lose bookmarks, history and extensions. This started in Leopard. It keeps giving me the copy I get after a fresh install of Safari, with the default bookmark tabs, every time i open it.

I deleted Safari using AppCleaner, then I reinstalled Safari after downloading it from Apple, both before and after the upgrade to Snow Leopard, all the way to 10.6.4. I have fixed and repaired permissions. Completely baffled. Only extension I use is clicktoFlash. Happens even if no extension installed. Examined plist file, keeps defaulting to the copy on first install.

I find Firefox too slow and Chrome still needs work. I loved Safari until this started happening. Just want it to keep my bookmarks and tabs after each open.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Bummer!
    I guess you should try a different user account and see what happens.

3. hcycle thread starter macrumors newbie

Safari Resets on each close

Hi

It reset itself again. I even tried without ANY extensions, i just reloaded my bookmarks. Lost them again. I even tried just putting a couple of bookmarks from surfing - no extensions). and I lost them.

This even happens in other user accounts. I have reinstalled Safari after removing it with app cleaner, and also performed the os x 10.5 to 10.6 upgrade.

thanks