Safari Resets on each close

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hcycle, Nov 14, 2010.

1. hcycle, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010

hcycle macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2009

My copy of Safari keeps resetting every time I close it. I lose bookmarks, history and extensions. This started in Leopard. It keeps giving me the copy I get after a fresh install of Safari, with the default bookmark tabs, every time i open it.

I deleted Safari using AppCleaner, then I reinstalled Safari after downloading it from Apple, both before and after the upgrade to Snow Leopard, all the way to 10.6.4. I have fixed and repaired permissions. Completely baffled. Only extension I use is clicktoFlash. Happens even if no extension installed. Examined plist file, keeps defaulting to the copy on first install.

I find Firefox too slow and Chrome still needs work. I loved Safari until this started happening. Just want it to keep my bookmarks and tabs after each open.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
  2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

May 22, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    I guess you should try a different user account and see what happens.
  3. hcycle thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2009
    Safari Resets on each close

It reset itself again. I even tried without ANY extensions, i just reloaded my bookmarks. Lost them again. I even tried just putting a couple of bookmarks from surfing - no extensions). and I lost them.

This even happens in other user accounts. I have reinstalled Safari after removing it with app cleaner, and also performed the os x 10.5 to 10.6 upgrade.