Safari RSS

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Seraph301083, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Seraph301083 macrumors member

as firefox becomes slower and buggier every day, or at least it feels like it to me, i want to switch to safari

importing the bookmarks worked fine but I still have problems with the RSS reading

on safari when I click the rss bookmark of a specific page it loads the websites rss news in a tab.. is there a chance to get it like it's done in firefox where I have my newsfeed in the bookmarks bar and when i click it it pops open and i can decide which ones I want to open in a new tab??

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes. In the bookmarks window create a folder in your bookmark bars. Inside it put your various RSS feed bookmarks.

3. Seraph301083 thread starter macrumors member

I think you misunderstood me.. I don't want various bookmarks in one folder, I want one bookmark to open like a menu where I can select the news I wanna see

just like here:

Attached Files:

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

If I understand, you want the individual stories from a single RSS feed to appear in a drop-down list.

Safari doesn't do it that way but it's similar. If you put a bookmark of the feed (e.g., feed://www.macrumors.com/macrumors.xml) in your Bookmarks Bar it will show you how many new items there are (checking at the time interval you specify in Safari -> Preferences -> RSS).

When you click it you'll get the list of recent items, with the new ones marked, but it will be as a page instead of as a drop-down.

If you control-click it'll open in a new tab, again depending on your preference settings.

So it's still only a couple of clicks to go to a story that interests you.

Attached Files:

• rss.gif
      rss.gif
      File size:
      45 KB
      Views: