Safari Sandbox errors

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by mrapplegate, Jul 11, 2014.

1. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Anyone else seeing Safari hang/crash in DP3?
    Bug report submitted 17639434.
    I am not able to repair permissions and a repair disk did not fix it.

The common error seems to be:

com.apple.WebKit(464) deny file-write-create /Users/user/Library/Caches/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent
    com.apple.WebKit.WebContent: Failed to obtain sandbox extension for path=/Users/user/Library/Caches/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent. Errno:1
    com.apple.WebKit(464) deny file-issue-extension /Users/user/Library/Caches/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent
    com.apple.WebKit(465) deny file-issue-extension /Users/user/Library/Caches/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent

There are a couple of threads on the Dev forum with no solutions.
    https://devforums.apple.com/message/1001445#1001445
    https://devforums.apple.com/message/1001145#1001145

2. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I am having this issue as well. Are you also having problems with Safari keeping extensions?

I have tried deleting the entire Safari folder from the user preferences folder, and no change. I repaired disk and permissions.

3. mrapplegate thread starter macrumors 68030

No. My problem cleared up a few builds ago. I have not even checked if my bug report has been resolved.

4. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I think something is mucked up here. I tried trashing just about every preference file, saved application states, sandbox containers, mobile documents, cloud documents.

I made a new user account. the problem does not exist there, but I really need to stay on the same user account.

I tried resetting user directory permissions using resetpassword in recovery.

I tried starting in safemode.

I tried some big long terminal command that I see suggested in other places, although I have not seen anyone that had that problem resolved in any forums.

5. mrapplegate thread starter macrumors 68030

My bug report was marked as a duplicate of 17401140, which is still open. So it's a known issue still. Weird how it was cleared up for me a couple of builds ago.

It was so bad I could not even use Safari. Sorry I can't be of more help.